Friday, January 30, 2009

Nuns with a Pitbull!

"Now, now Molly, purgatory is a hellish place and ya don't want to be going there so look at the camera for me now."





"Now, thats much better Molly and God will reward ya for yer cooperation he surely will."



This is Molly, a Pitbull mix. She belongs to Sister Karen and the other nuns that reside at Palloti Convent. As a young lad I was taught by the nuns of this order. The shelter told them she was a lab mix when they adopted her but her head is most definatly a Pit with possibly a tad of Lab DNA which I find hilarious.

The Convent is next door to the home of one of the richest women in Laurel. She owns a Bichon I groom. Molly was loose one day and tore into poor Leon the Bichon at the end of the leash he was being walked on much to her horror. He needed quite a few stiches and it screwed up his haircut for sometime.

Althought I am a bit of a non-believer (agnostic) I groom Molly on the last Tuesday of each month for free. I have nothing but respect and admiration for women like Sister Karen who have devoted their lives for a highter cause and she is very funny to boot.

When she came in on Tuesday for Molly's bath I asked her if I could take their picture for my web page. She said "of course Sean but perhaps it would be better if I had my nun get-up on". I said"oh Sister that'd be too much trouble." She was not dressed like this that day but her and Molly stoped by today to let me take this pic.

Thank You Sister!

1 comment:

  1. Don't why but that brought tears to my eyes. Thanks sEan, love the stories.

    ReplyDelete